Post-Doctoral Fellowship Competition Programme
Follow Announcements for this programme at the home page of this website under the calls section.
In its effort to retain the teaching and research capacity in the region and beyond, the programme has the following specific objectives:
- To provide opportunities for African PhD degree holders to work in the region and thereby discourage brain drain;
- To enhance the teaching and research capacities of universities and other research institutions in the region;
- To promote the scholarly exchange of ideas in the region;
- To provide a forum for African PhD holders of research and dialogue with policy-makers in the region; and
- To enhance the utilisation of primary research and encourage its circulation among universities and research institutions in the region.
Project Period: 2004-2007
Current Status: Ongoing - Applications not yet open.
Countries Covered: Eastern and Southern Africa Countries