African Conflicts: Management, Resolution and Post-Conflict Recovery and Development
Project Period: 2000-2003.
Current Status: Closed
Countries Covered: One international conference has so far been conducted which was Pan-African in scope. Country case studies focused on Ethiopia, Somalia, Sudan, and Zimbabwe.
- An international conference was organized in collaboration with the Development Policy Management Forum (DPMF) in December 2001. The following proceedings has been published jointly.
- Proceedings of the Conference on African Conflicts: Their Management, Resolution, and Post-Conflict Reconstruction. Addis Ababa: DPMF and OSSREA 2001.
The following four case studies from Ethiopia, Somalia, Sudan and Zimbabwe are done.
- “Inter- and Intra-Ethnic Conflicts in Ethiopia: The Role of Access and Control over Resources in the Rift Valley and the Surrounding Escarpments”, by Kassahun Berhanu and Tegegne Gebre Egziabher.
- “Clan Based Political Cultures in Peacemaking and Governance in Decomposed Somalia in the Post-Military Period, 1991-2001”, by Ahmed Yusuf Farah and Ahmed Abdisalam Adan.
- “African Conflicts: Management, Resolution and Post-Conflict Recovery and Development (The Case of Sudan)”, by Atta El-Battahani and Priscilla Joseph.
- “African Conflicts: Management, Resolution and Post-Conflict Recovery and Development (The Case of Zimbabwe)”, by Donald P. Chimanikire and Martin R. Rupiya.